Thursday 17 May 2012

Fifteen Restaurant

It was my 23rd Birthday and definitely the best birthday ever!!!
John baked a delicious chocolate M&M cake for me. I was woken up with breakfast-in-the-lounge. Croissants, blueberry muffins and M&M's! And then came my gift...the one on top of the wish list. A Citizen Eco-Drive watch with Swarovski Crystals and Mother-of-Pearl dial. The best birthday gift I could ask for!



Little chef

I met John at Waterloo Station after work, presuming we will just have dinner somewhere nice next to the Thames River. But John took me back to Old Street, which is on the Northern Line saying there is a cool pub we can go to. We had one drink and then I was told we were going to have dinner.



I had no idea where we were going but when the corner of my eye caught the sign "Fifteen" I realized we weren't going to some random pub, we were going to Jamie Oliver's Fifteen Restaurant. I froze and was speechless. John laughed and said: "surprise"!! I literally started to cry! I couldn't believe it! Finally I was going to eat at one of Jamie's restaurants. This was surreal.



The retro styling and open kitchen combine to make the restaurant a relaxed and elegant environment. The emphasis is on top-quality seasonal produce, simply prepared with care and passion to create the best in modern Italian-led dishes.

We started off with a glass of Prosecco accompanied by freshly baked focaccia and the most delicious Italian Sevillano olives. Both John and I actually started eating olives after this experience.



Entree - roasted squash with creamy goats' cheese and fried crudo 

I had the Wild Mushroom Ravioli with a creamy pecorino sauce

John had the succulent lamb with couscous and tomato salsa


John was not happy when his plate was empty!


Chocolate Brownie with vanilla ice cream and Panna cotta with biscotti for dessert


Fifteen is committed to sourcing seasonal, high quality ingredients from the best suppliers throughout the UK and Italy. Homemade produce is at the heartbeat of the restaurant, be it fresh pasta, breads, ice cream, a selection of cured meats, cordials, presses and alcoholic drinks such as Prosecco, limoncello, fennel liqueur, to name a few. We had such an amazing time and I couldn't ask for a better birthday! Thank you love! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment