Monday 21 May 2012

Snow Man!!!

It finally snowed in the new year. I was so excited, I sprinted out the back door and fell flat on my but! I was down on the ground for 5 minutes and got back up and posed for photos! It was so painful but I didn't care, I was so excited! 



The next morning John and I made our snow man! So much fun! We of course had a snow fight.


Pennies for eyes, a strawberry for his nose and he was lucky enough to get a beanie and a scarf





View from our new apartment in Wimbledon

There is something so whimsical about snow that it gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling inside. 
It makes me so happy. 

We had the most amazing Baileys Hot Chocolate in Cardiff, so here is my version of the most delicious comfort drink!

Baileys Hot Chocolate (for the cold snowy days)
Serves 6

Ingredients:

3 cups whole milk
1 1/2 cups cream 
1/4 cup cocoa powder
115 g milk chocolate, chopped
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
pinch of salt
1 cup Baileys

In a large bowl, mix together cocoa powder, sugar, cinnamon and salt. Heat a large saucepan over medium heat and add milk and cream. Bring to a simmer, stirring every few minutes. Add 2-3 tablespoons of the milk to the cocoa and sugar, mixing thoroughly to create a paste. Once it is a paste,  add it to the milk and turn the heat down to low. Whisk continuously until smooth (do not let it boil), then whisk in chopped chocolate and vanilla extract. Remove from the heat and add the Baileys. Top with mini marshmallows.

No comments:

Post a Comment