Monday 2 April 2012

PARIS

Four months apart - Paris was the perfect place to meet.
Visiting Paris has been my ultimate dream since i can remember and sharing this experience with John was absolutely breath-taking!!!
John Flew from London and I flew from Nice.  I had butterflies in my stomach. I couldn't wait to see him.

We took a taxi from the airport to the hotel. It was 10 pm and the Eiffel Tower was shining bright! Happier I couldn't be! Once booked in, we went to a brasserie down the road. With my favourite phrase: "Je m'excuse, je parle un peu le francais."  I ordered us drinks and a croques monsieur. I wanted J to experience the true beauty of the French.

First night in Paris

Up early, grabbed a croissant and went straight to the Eiffel Tower

 dream come true

Jardin des Tuileries

Musée du Louvre

La Pyramide


The Louvre Museum is extremely large and impossible to see in its entirety in a single day. Visitors are advised to plan a visit based on their particular interests and spread their time over several days if possible. The color-coded maps provided by the museum are excellent for planning, showing the locations and highlights of each department and pointing out exactly where to find the most famous exhibits, such as the Venus de Milo and Mona Lisa.

Champagne, baguette and a chocolate macaroon for lunch.


Dinner at Brasserie de la Tour Eiffel

Escargots

Eiffel Tower shining bright at night


Last day - Breakfast, Arc de Triomphe and airport. We didn't want to leave.



No comments:

Post a Comment